Re: (TFT) fatigue and death - Superscripts.

In a message dated 5/19/2008 6:07:52 PM Central Daylight Time,
rsmith@lightspeed.ca writes:

> I have rules for fatigue superscripts that allow
> people to buy fST with out putting up their ST.  These
> are in my modest area off Joe's main page.

Where you use superscripts to subdivide attribute scores, I use "limited
attributes." These are part of my "negative cost" talents that I use for
disadvantages rather than having disads boost attribute totals directly. (Take a disad
like "hard of hearing" in my game, and instead of getting a higher attribute
total you get more points to buy talents, spells, and languages.)

In particular, Limited St reduces your physical St for weapon use, unarmed
damage, encumberance, etc. but still lets you use your full St score for
fatigue, hit points, and those rolls vs St that are against the "toughness/high
constitution" aspect of your St score rather than the "physical force" aspect.

So if a player in my game wanted to play a "tough but physically weak"
wizard, he could take (e.g.) St 15 and 6 points of Limited St. This would give him
adjSt 9 for the purely physical uses of St, while leaving him with 15 fatigue
points & hit points and St 15 to roll against for things that challenge the
"consitiution" aspect of his St. It would also give him 6 more points to spend on
spells & talents.

Erol K. Bayburt
Evil Genius for a Better Tomorrow