Re: (TFT) TRAMPLE Questions

------ Sgt Hulka <hulkasgt@yahoo.com> wrote:---------------------
If the mounted knight were to attempt to charge the man-at-arms from fewer
than 8 hexes distance he'd be in a world of hurt. The man-at-arms would not
move, and since he's receiving a charge he'd be at +2 Dex most likely attack
the charging knight first.

Without checking the books, doesn't the lance have a longer reach? and therefore attack first in a charge, regardless of adjusted Dx.

I know that is how we played.  Unless the footman has a 3 hex pike, he gets to take double damage from a 3 die lance before his turn to act.  I thought it was official, but it may have been the GM's interpretation.  (when I am next by my books I will have to check)

All I know is when I stood in front of innocents, blocking the path of charging cavalry, brandishing nought but my halberd, it was a real life threatening stance.  An I was pleasantly surprised to have survived.