Re: (TFT) Dragon's breath and use of whip

---- Kirk Woller <kwoller@satx.rr.com> wrote:
> Room with a 4 hex dragon and rubble.  Injured party of 3 trying to
> find their way out of Security Station (and if you know this module
> you know that can be very difficult).  My character has acquired
> some "red candles" of some sort that I decide to try to light in the
> corner of the room as a last chance to get through the room,
> hoping the other two characters can dance a bit to keep the
> dragon engaged until the GM declared six turns pass while I
> light them.  On turn 5, the dragon manages to get within 4 hexes
> of me and decides to breathe fire, taking me down to 1 strength
> point.  I posit that the flame from the dragon should have a very
> good chance of lighting the "red candles", but the GM decides
> that no, the dragon only breathes heat, like an oven, and that
> the "candles" aren't lit.  We die in the room, one by one.  The
> rules specifically say "ST to breath FIRE".
>
> What would you have decided?

Mmmmmm.   I've always played that the Dragon breathes fire.
Yes, real fire.  Since you were trying to light the "candles", you
obviously didn't have them packed away - therefore, for each
candle, I would give a 1/3 chance that it is lit, and a 2/3 chance
that it is destroyed by the dragon fire.  (This is based on my
belief that dynamite won't explode if burned, you have to set it
off with a cap)  I am open to alternative suggestions.

> Second situation concerning the WHIP.  My understanding is
> that the whip can be used somewhat like a lasso to go for the
> body and take someone down.  The GM ultimately agreed to
> this but said that it would take 6 turns to coil up the whip to use
> it again.  This goes against my actual experience with the whip
> and how it is used.  I think you should be able to use it every turn
> at the required 3-5 hex distance whether you go for a body wrap
> or an aimed shot to the hand.
>
> What do you think?

Body, no.  Legs, yes (at the appropriate DX cost).  As for the "firing
rate", I'm not sure.  I'd say that you can use the whip every turn if
trying to attack .... every other turn if trying a "take down."

Dan