RE: (TFT) Dragon's breath and use of whip

paleryder1@verizon.net wrote:    > Hey, I managed to scrape up a quickie game with an old high school
> chum and
his son of Security Station!B We ultimately died but it was still fun.
However, a situation came up that if I had been the GM I would have
handled
differently.B Not to start a huge dialogue, but what would you have done
in
this situation?

.B My character has acquired some "red candles" of some sort that I decide to try to light in the corner of the room as a last chance to get through the room, hoping the other two characters can dance a bit to keep the dragon engaged until the GM declared six turns pass while I light them.B On turn 5, the dragon manages to get within 4 hexes of me and decides to breathe fire, taking me down to 1 strength point.B I posit that the flame from the dragon should have a very good chance of lighting the "red candles", but the GM decides that no, the dragon only breathes
heat, like an oven, and that the "candles" aren't lit.B We die in the room,
one by one.B The rules specifically say "ST to breath FIRE".

What would you have decided?

The four hex dragon in Security Station (one of my favorite modules) is a "fire breather".  About the little "red candles", ummmm yeah they would have went
  "BOOOM!!" , you would not have had to worry about them being "lit". Dyanmite
  can be set off by fire and even extreme heat, there are warnings about dynamite
  storage such as "Keep in a cool place, no higher than room temperature", "Do Not
  store near open flame" etc etc. And when dynamite is in a hot enviroment it sweats
  and crystallizes into a form of nitro-glycerin. VERY VOLATILE!!
    About the whip- HEY! Indiana Jones could do whatever he wanted with his whip,
  and every turn at that!! LOL