From: tft-admin@brainiac.com [mailto:tft-admin@brainiac.com] On Behalf Of
David Michael Grouchy II
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2008 2:43 AM
To: tft@brainiac.com
Subject: (TFT) Do you remember the first time you played?

Do you remember the first time you played?

My regular Dungeon Master said "We're not playing D&D"

I am immediately offended. He's got some new flimsy little game with like
three dice and a booklet that's smaller than a TV guide. "Do you know how
much money I just spent on these D&D books?"

He shows me the Hand of the Jedi Widow Washer and stays on message. "We're
just going to do some Melee fights today. We still play D&D." I Narrow my
eyes at him.

 I can't believe how easy I am to manipulate. But yeah, we played, and it
was fun. I mean he shifted into my side hex for a free attack that first
game, but I never let it happen again I promise.

So every afternoon when we got out of school we would go to his house, each
make a bowl of Ice Cream and play a round or two of Melee.
Soon we added his
younger brother, and then another friend. A month later we were all experts.

When he announced he was staring up a Melee campaign permanently we all
nodded enthusiastically. I mean how much longer we would put up with that
broken old game system called D&D I don't know. I mean in D&D one could have
eighteen double zero strength and only one hit point. It just didn't make
any sense at all.

David Michael Grouchy II