Re: (TFT) Natural Magic User

I'm not sure I understand all of the ramifications of this but as I was
reading it, I got an idea ...

What about allowing a "grove" or something other site to offer ST
aid to the casting wizard?  For example, while Ashar the Druid is in
his grove, the grove provides 1 ST point for every 4 he puts into the
spell.  Ashar would not have to cast a 5ST spell to get this benefit,
he'd just have to keep a running total of the ST spent so he can get
every 5th point for "free."

In other words, he could cast a 5 point lightning bolt for 4 points of
fatigue or he could cast 4 1 point bolts and cast the 5th single for
no cost.

You might want to play with the ratios but some similar mechanic
would create a powerful incentive for a wizard to remain in a certain
area or locale.

I'm not sure how a wizard could go about becoming "in tune" with
an area - he must feel "drawn" to it somehow.  Perhaps some sort
of a dice roll is required ... a wizard casts some spells in an area,
if he rolls 10 or less on 6D6, he or she begins to feel reluctant to
leave, perhaps.

Dan

---- Edward Villarreal <edwardv@gmail.com> wrote:
> One of my house rules.
>
> If a characters race is listed as a *natural magic user* they get a
> bonus to their capacity to use magic.  They have an additional
> reservoir of points to power their spells.

> This reservoir must be actively charged;  it is charged by casting
> spells using strength, every five points of ST used to cast a spell
> places one point into this reservoir.

This is different than what I am suggesting ... the wizard is powering
the reservoir ... not sure what it means to be a "natural magic user"
in that case.

> After sleep even a short nap it is completely drained.

This is the part that bugged me the most.