RE: (TFT) Theory of dungeons

> Since rooms could be bypassed or unexplored in any given

> dungeon, aren't they all a shoe box of chaos?
>
> Christopher
     Dave Arneson's First Fantasy Campaign mentions that each room was
assigned a number of Magic Points.  These were spent to buy monsters on the
spur of the moment.  As he saw fit to meet what the characters were doing or
expected.
     In a sense each room is haunted.  If one enters it with no thirst for
treasure then no monster is encountered.  The amount of gold found is drectly
related to the level of magic points.  One of the worst rooms wasn't even in
the dungeon, it was where the ghost of the ``bloody baron`` was most often
seen.  I guess one can also see how this lead to the ``living room`` in Teagle
manor.

David Michael Grouchy II