RE: (TFT) What kind of tactics are useful?

Hi Jim,

Welcome aboard.

For starting (32 point) characters without wizard a team I use is:

2 fighters with ST 11, DX 13 (11) shortsword, cloth armor, large shield,
dagger

2 fighters with ST 11, DX 13 longbow, spear, dagger.

Longbows shoot till close, Sword and Shield meets and engages, Longbows
either continue shooting or switch weapons and use either jab or charge, all
depending on tactical.  A favorite maneuver for the Sword and Shield is
engage and defend so they can stay alive while missile/pole does the
killing.

Best,

Eric