RE: (TFT) Prone Rule Question

> I tend to agree the intention is to not allow it. The devil's advocate
argument could be that if you're prone you can turtle under your slung shield.
However, hand-to-hand combat is also always "to the rear" and I certainly
don't think it's in the spirit of the rule to allow slung shields to protect
during a grapple.

Sgt Hulka,
   I agree only that the shield shouldn't  protect against figures in HTH with
them, but to all others outside, including missile and throne attacks it does
stop 1 hit.

David Michael Grouchy II