From: Jim Zmrazek <jzmra@hotmail.com>
To: tft@brainiac.com
Sent: Friday, November 7, 2008 10:17:16 PM
Subject: (TFT) Are large monsters like trolls, ogres, and giants good as PC's?

I was wondering how well larger creatures fare when controlled by the players.
I play with miniatures, so I was hoping I'd be able to use some of the spare
models I have.  So far, I've found that larger creatures aren't that great.
I've done just single hex trolls and ogres.  Even though they have high ST,
with a low DX and no armor, they usually end up dead pretty quickly.  Even a
troll's ability to regenerate 1 ST a turn doesn't help much, if at all.

So I ask you all.  Do larger monsters have a place for PC's, or should they be
better left to enemies.  If they are playable, what are the best strategies to
use with them?  Also, are there rules for larger weapons?  I feel that a 30 ST
troll should be able to do more than 2 dice damage.