From: tft-admin@brainiac.com [mailto:tft-admin@brainiac.com] On Behalf Of
David Carter
Sent: Sunday, January 25, 2009 8:34 AM
To: tft@brainiac.com
Subject: (TFT) Names

My character names have always been boring anglo-saxon names with no
oommpphh to them. I once played a wizard named Clarence who, fortunately,
died a quick death early in the campaign. I mention this because I managed
to download a character name-generator program from one of the RPG web sites
(Don't remember where now). It generates wicked names so that now the NPC's
in my campaign will not have a Fred the butcher or Jim the Baker. Sh'Iornik
the magician or Qeolol the alchemist sound a little more exotic.

The GM of one very brief campaign that I was in had a NPC named Tumac. I
still remember that name after 30 years because, instead of aiding the
players, this NPC was so obnoxious that we killed him off just for the hell
of it. The GM was not too thrilled about that.