Re: (TFT) Intro (Was: Re: Death Test)

  Neil,

I think you point the difficulty of converting real humans to characters
in TFT and coming up with reasonable states. How many NPC should really
have much higher IQ's if you threw in everything they know. The IQ
system just isn't meant to cover everything someone knows or does. I
used to split the IQ into Intelligence and Knowledge. This made things
seem more rational. If we limit just what qualifies as a talent, then it
becomes a little easier. If thrust into Cidri, I could probably make a
living constructing bows and arrows from scratch. Done it. Made some
flutes too. If I thought long and hard enough, I could manufacture a
pentatonic flute and a diatonic flute in a reasonable period of time.
Simple percentages applied to length of tube with a little fussing about
the hole size based on wall thickness and diameter. I've played guitar
and  lute but probably not qualify as a Bard, maybe as mundaen talents.
Others that would probably qualify as talents: literacy, swimming,
charisma AND sex appeal (ok, not really), physicker (army medic),
tactics (eh, maybe), gun (flintlocks and cap and ball).

While I've done martial arts on and off for years, and could probably
argue for Sword, stickfighting and UC1 maybe UC2 with a straight face,
I'd probably be more honest to say I was studying these things- pretty
close but not complete. While I could fend off your average Joe or two,
not sure how far these skills would get me in a real fight. If you throw
in the other hobbies, I might be studying spear (atlatal), sling,
painting, two-weapons and theologian.

Fun topic,
Aidan