Re: (TFT) Magic Item Creation Example?

All right,

Take THIS!

Alright, this is WEIRD.
Also likely completely inappropriate, however, in my latest favorite...

Uhhhhh....

WORD!?

"Idiom, Sir?"

RIGHT!

Okay then, in my current favorite idiom, that's the way the little people in my head want it.

Robert Louis Stevenson left instructions on how to come to a fiduciary arrangement with the little people what so they cease their childish antics upon the Stage of your little death, and arrange instead productions of a more "professional" level.

Story, n.; pl, stories [M.E. storie; OFr. estoire; L. historia, history.]
1. the telling of a happening or connected series of happenings, whether true or fictitious; an account; narration.
2. a fictitious literary composition in prose or poetry, shorter than a novel; narrative; tale.
3. the plot of a novel, play, etc.
4. such tales, collectively, as a form of literature.
5. a report or rumor.
6. a falsehood; a fib. [Colloq.]
7. history. [Archaic.]
8. in journalism, (a) a news article; (b) a person or event considered newsworthy.
Syn. - anecdote, incident, memoir, narrative, tale, romance, parable, legend, yarn.

The homonym for levels in buildings, etc. can be ignored.

Tell, v.t.; told, pt., pp.; telling, ppr. [AS. tellan, to tell, announce, reckon, count.]
1. to enumerate; to count; to reckon; as, tell one's beads.
2. to relate in order; to narrate; to recount; as, he told a story.
3. to express in spoken or written words; to utter; to say; as, tell the facts, tell the truth.
4. to report; announce; publish.
5. to reveal; disclose; make known; as, her face told her joy.
   She never told her love,
But let concealment, like a worm i' the bud,
Feed on her damask cheek. -Shak.
6. to solve, to explain; to interpret.
   Whoso asked her for his wife,
His riddle told not, lost his life. -Shak.
7. to recognize; distinguish; discriminate; as, I can tell the difference.
8. to decide; know; as, I can't tell what to do.
9. to give instruction to; to make acquainted with; to inform.
10. to give an order, command, or request to; as, I told him to stay home.
11. to declare or inform with emphasis; to assert positively; to assure; as, I tell you it is late.
12. to set store by; to make account of; to regard. [Obs.]
   to tell off; (a) to count (persons, etc.) and separate from the total number; (b) [Colloq.] to rebuke severely.
   To tell on; (a) to tire; wear out; (b) [Colloq.] to carry tales about; to inform against.

The homonyms bear some significance here.

Tell, v.i.
1. to give an account or description; to make report; with of; as, the speaker told of his experiences.
2. to give evidence or to be an indication (of something).
3. to carry tales; to reveal secrets; as, kiss and tell.
4. to produce a result; to be effective; to have a marked effect; as, every hammer blow told.

Also;

Tell, n. a story; an account. [Rare.]

and finally;

Tell, n. [Ar.] a mound or hill.

but that last one is just a Jay fact, pay no attention to the man behind the curtain and whatnot.

The little people say that story in StoryTron right now is crazy making.
It'll be done.
Just not in the immediate future.

The issues I need to figure out requiring scripting have no need of a story at all.

I'd want random numbers for an Eliza type thing, but teaching a single actor Tit for Tat simplifies things.

No story, but I could write up the "Kings" in Civ and use the Actors for diplomacy....

So If I've got a front-end so to speak, opening up Story Teller for something like this..., is that a misuse?

I've got the Groucho, Harpo, Chicko night at the opera thing.
I can even graph it all by hand, but that's just paper, rock, scissors...
(I've already babbled about this but basically G,H,C, and P for player on four corners of a Cartesian square.
The interacting Actors at +/+ and -/- with the audience at +/- and -/+.
All corners are 1/-1.
The intensity can be shown by P^2 + PQ + QP + Q^2 = (P + Q)^2.)
Hang cute pics and sounds on it and there's still no story.

Interactive interaction, not fiction.

So can I use these first monkeys for other games?
(no disrespect to my cousins, at least Bonobo's don't abstract hells for each other)

Most RPG's leave these interactions up to what amounts to a coin flip.
(Yes Antoine Ceasar, I know)

1 Actor, 1 Event... StoryWorlds?, could have quite a bit of value...

Get to re-use all those old Civilization 2 skills for example, but this time the diplomacy is for REAL!
Almost a different game...

Anyway that's what the little people say.
Ya got a beef, take it up with them.
This is YOUR ceiling, I'm just trying to give you a paint job what you can throw up against your sins.
So to speak.

< pshew >

Jay's running outta fST for today...
Hope that one works or the whole operation will have to be delayed...

Did I type that out loud?