RE: Sailing War (was: Re: (TFT) Hirst Arts Melee/Wizard Arena)

> Now, who's in charge of getting Jay's Ritalin this week?

> Joe Hartley

Back in the Atari, BBS days, Jay comes over with a console system and a game.
Alli baba and the fourty thieves.  It's a black and white game.  It has
several features that you no longer find in games these days.  Not only did it
have four controlers, and was multiplayer, but it was turn based.

The three of us in turn, choose our character and move 10 down the hall.

So Jay chooses his character, moves 9 down the hall, but for his 10th action
he "summons a thief".  The thief moves 8 more, into the first room, and with
his 9th action he opens it.  With his tenth he takes the gold.

Well, each of us summon a thief on our turns.  Of course!  Move 9, summon
thief, get to move 10 more.  Hell, Biff ends his move 4 away from a box.  His
thief is able to loot and return to his character with it.  He dismisses his
thief.

We are all impressed.  Biff puffs up.  He's committed the perfect crime.

Jay moves 9, summons a thief, and . . .

 . . . with his thief ?

He summons ANOTHER one.  Then another.  He daisy chains right to the last room
and takes ALL the gold.  When his turn ends he not only has a trail of 8
active thieves, he has more money than the three of us combined.  I summon 8
thieves and we move in a pack.  Merlin summons the last 24.  On Biffs turn
there are none of the "fourty thieves" left.

David Michael Grouchy II