Re: Sailing War (was: Re: (TFT) Hirst Arts Melee/Wizard Arena)

I remember THAT game!
My goodness, that thing has got to be older than at least half of the guys I'm playing with now.

Speaking of turned based games, how neat if they had left Diablo as a turn based concept?

< phone rings >
brb

Okay, apparently this morning was Jay must talk into a phone morning.

Yes it's raining.
No it's not cold, It's over 40 and the wind has a southernly bent to it.
Well winter kicked in before Xmas here so this is a welcome respite.
No sense looking at any "long term forecast" for this area IMO.
Talk to you next week.

Like I ain't gonna go tramping through the woods, in Oregon, in spring, after the rain?

Okay, so...

< knocking at door >
?
brb

WOAH! I got home this morning (Eleven other people showed up. Mrs. Viv took EVERYBODY out to breakfast afterwards... WOO HOO! Pig 'n Pancake) and checked my e-mail.
Finding that my medication is lacking, I flip on the ThinkPad to dash off some thoughts on what I'm trying to do for a "computerized" GM, turned based games and time-scale, and...

< Knock knock knock >

Well, after the LAST little encounter, I approach the door with some little trepidation.
It's just Steph and her little baby.

Jay puts on some Coffee.

Gavin pulls out some of my beard.

< Knock knock knock >

?

It's Brandon.
He's got the day off.
What's that on your head he asks.
It's Ash Wednesday I tell him.
Your Jewish he asks.
I give him a LONG look.
Nope, he's not kidding.

< Knock knock knock >

Julie and her baby.

Julie hands Jay Halie and heads for the coffee.
Halie pulls out some of my beard.

Julie hears everybody talking over Jay's howls of pain.
Jay's an atheist guys, are y'all kidding, she asks them.
She turns to me.
What are you she asks.
I'm a seventh day dillusionist I answer.
What the hell is that she asks.

Well I believe I'm a god.
This, of course, means you think I'm deluded.
As I'm a tad serious about the position of my tongue in my cheek, seeing as a too firm tongue looks like something naughty, and owing to the happenstance of my ordained status (that's rriiiiight, I'm the reverend Jay, not a Butowski though, that's a brother from a different mother) I modified early Jayism into the seventh day dillusionists.

I'm the only member, but as I contain multitudes we're a very large religion on certain scales.

Or something like that... they gave me a real LONG look afterwards.
And Jay didn't have to talk to the heathen about non-profane issues the rest of the day.
I had to put on another pot o coffee though.
A boatload of company had drunk me down to my last drop...

Then the baby's join in with the animals fighting for "uncle" Jays lap.
< sings in his best Rex Harrison voice >
" If I could WALK with the animals TALK to the animals..."

Blah

Okay, now I'm back.
And practically beardless, ever see the commercial where the dude didn't get the call telling him to thaw the turkey before he tried to deep fry it?
"I think I'm missing some beard..."
I'll save the turn based stuff, but I do have a practical question at this point.

Are there any ideas for the information that should be included about each kind of animal or the format that an animal page should be in?

ST, DX, IQ and MA of course
Dimensions and weight.
Distribution (how many per STR hex or how many STR hexes per critter and where found)
Diet and habits
Breeding cycle
Class/Order/Family/Genus & Species
Estimated population?
How to construct counter?
Spell ingredients?

I've got an old Funk & Wagnalls from like 69 through 71? It's in 22 volumes, if anyone cares THAT much I'll look it up...

Anyway, it's got most of the basics, I've marked a lot of the thing up already as a "Monster Manual" and it includes legendary information and myths about many of its entries.
Does this seem like a good jumping off point for the Wiki?
Or does someone have a better idea?

I figure get the major animals up in each letter, then put up a "Monster Lab" section.
Stuff on physical scaling, monster theory and appendage swapping.
Fill it out with the lesser critters, mayflys and whatnot.

Any thoughts?