Re: (TFT) Half-Hex Corridors

FWIW, the GURPS approach is to treat partial hexes as full hexes, and trace line of fire from any point in a hex to any point in another hex, with a -2 to-hit penalty for vertical half-concealment when it exists.

I found this to be a great relief from hex-itis compared to TFT hexes, and it had me using transparent hex overlays to first draw the walls the way they would actually be in real life, using TFT hexes as a guideline but drawing them free-form.