RE: (TFT) Know Thyself

Unhappiness in Civilization is a key concept.
How might that express itself in game terms?

As unhappy citizens occur I use them to populate secret societies, revolutionary groups and the like.
I actually busted out my dictionary for synonyms and antonyms for; hostile, unfriendly, neutral, friendly, and very friendly.
(MY GM Screen doesn't waste front panels on worthless generic weapon lists or the same picture I already had 3 times over... it HELPS the players. Maybe I should put that out? Six pages is easy... can y'all read Jay yet?)

Unhappy NPC's tend to come from certain groups in the society, for example the unhappy citizen generated from a military unit being away from home might represent the family and friends of the units members.
A larger unhappy population causes the encounter tables to shift.
Heinlein called such social periods "crazy times".
In China the term is "may you live in interesting times" spoken as a curse.
Whatever, the point is that the general population starts pulling insane actions more and more frequently.

Hello?

Are you there?

Okay, good.
Now that we're on the other side of the "looking glass" so to speak, allow me to point out a few features.

I could pick a location, say the parking lot used by FOX News or CNBC employees, and get an appropriate altitude for a hex-map scale that matches the primary weapon type I intend to use for range.
Strong definitions for the stats used allow me to gage issues like "shooting through walls".
Lay out resistance as "monsters" (better on the conscience to think so nie?) with a stat of 10 being average, 20 being akin to a pro level athlete, and 30ish is my "I got to play catch with Bret Farve BEFORE" story.
Hell, for all "I" know there may be natural sniping lanes that'd make the thing a kinda turkey shoot.
Gotta catch the little buggers JUST right or else ya only wing 'em.
It'd be hard to get caught a la Malvo.

Of course you could get smarter about the thing and bring up the college campuses that certain a-holes children attend...
MUCH better than taking them out all "unawares" like.
They'd KNOW what hit 'em that way.

Jay thinks bigger.

>From a "final solution" standpoint, I will point out that the affluent from cities create VERY large "dead zones" in the oceans near where they vent.
Lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of corpses make for a massive pollution problem.
Pollution, ANOTHER Civ concept.

IF this insanity is FUNCTIONAL at all, it's because Jay has actually gained some FOCUS.
LOL!
Doesn't come across that way huh?
LOL!
I don't care.

This isn't about "politics".
I can go "native" quicker than anyone on this list.
I can feed MORE than just me and a couple of horses.
As sad as this is, this makes Jay capable of leading.
Unfortunately, those that require leading are the ones what can't feed themselves, much less take care of what they need to survive.
I rail about this kind of thing, but I take on every single stray what crosses me path.
What the hell is wrong with me?
I've at least learned how NOT to let a drowning man drag ME down.
Jay swims GOOD.
I can sleep in water, no huhu.

Anyway, the above stuff spooks me.
If you think the above descriptions are bad, I COULD have produced the actual maps, Figures, etc. with little effort.
Give it an afternoon if'n I allowed myself access to a new machine.
I think I'm gonna get prepared for the "cloud" servers.
These "little brains" are dead.

I'd always wondered how the "machine" was gonna take hold.
It's always the simple stuff like an "economic depression."
THAT term sums up a myriad of troubles no?

I don't care about politics.

I'll answer saber rattling with saber rattling ANY day.

If you don't like it, whose children shall you send to shut me up because I've lost a bunch of my fear to die and I intend to do my utmost to bring an honor guard with me if it ever comes to that.

Whatever, does anyone on this List know anything about cannons?
I figured out the cinnabar.
It's a chemical thing.
It's used to concentrate the precious metals.
"I" thought my research problems would revolve around medical issues.
"Why do you want to know about poisons?"
That kinda thing.
NOPE!
Blow a little smoke up their asses and the health profession people are all about talking.
It's the prospecting and mining/petrol industry that threatened me.
Seek not the repository of U.S. platinum.
They've got BOYS!

My goodness, when did this turn into a screed?

Most of you GM's don't ask enough questions of your creations.
Your players WILL, ergo so many failures.
Where does gold come from?
Hitting midgets on the head for gold coins is the economic equivalent of watery tarts, laying in ponds and distributing swords for a system of government.
Can't you guys count?
Is it so HARD to place limits?
I'm a god, and I'll be judged accordingly, right along with others who place themselves in positions of authority.
It's a scary place too be, but don't you guys wanna create too?

What would a game be like where every player was a GM according to their Figures social position?
A man is the king of his own castle, so to speak.
Who want's to "mount site" Jay's house?
It's on the net...

I might be crazy, but I worry about what this stuff may do...
"I'm" strong enough to contain "My" insanity in my head.
I THINK!
LOL

The Dark Lord is ALWAYS the advisory, no matter the age!

"Make no enemies - He is insignificant INDEED who can do thee no harm."
- Colton

"There is no LITTLE enemy"
- Franklin

"Some men are more beholden to their bitterest enemies than to friends who appear sweetness itself. The former frequently tell the truth, but the later never.
- Cato

"Observe your enemies for they are the first to find your faults."
- Antisthenes

"Men of sense learn from their enemies."
- Aristophanes

If I must make an enemy of this List, "so be it".
I've said this before.
I'm not here to make friends.
I'm here to write a game.
Disdain me as you will.
I've told people that I've wanted to do this for a VERY long time.
Practically always.
Do you like EVERYONE you work with?
I'd suggest that the situation will evolve over time.

"I" think that people are SO scared of death that they don't care for the concept in ANY form.
I suggest getting a better concept of why your here in the first place, but THAT involves the idea of actually opposing yourself to people like ME who might have a different idea of how life should go.
WELL... maybe Jay is to much to throw at a 32 point Figure to start with.

A little part of my a-holeishness revolves around me NOT wanting to be "emulated".
I don't know why, but a lot of little things actually LIKE me.
How must I be responsible to this?
I've tried to ignore it.
THAT'S not a good path.
I should not try to just "pied piper" it either.
That's not fair to the parents, much less getting me killed, "a grown man messing with kids like that".

I'm not writing these rules for y'all.
Does anyone on this List get that?
It's your KIDS!
Bear that in mind ALWAYS.

So, saying that, is anyone gonna try and help me with some of this stuff?
I have a schedule, but it truly is a LOT for a single person.
I've agonized over this as there is a certain "pride" in getting something done "by your self" but I'm talking about an attempt at using the Stats and other information in a game system in a manner that "teaches" the kids that still want human contact instead of the cold comfort offered via shit like THIS medium.

I NEED an enemy!

SOMEBODY HATE ME!

I OBVIOUSLY screwed up the numbers in sight.
WHY has nobody pointed this out?
Y'all ain't TOTALLY stupid.
Most of you are likely better at the basics than me.
SHARE me drugies.
There WILL be a payoff.
The RULES are free.
That's how things work.
The manipulation of the rules is a story.
THAT is where the money is...

Listen to Jay, the budding Capitalist.
LOL

Didn't Pirates "redistribute" the wealth?

Limits me drogies, Limits....

I really am crazy.
I'm trying not to be Hitler crazy.
I'd rather do something to...

Oh MY GOD!
Just by imagining that awful crap I may have made it happen somewhence.
Jay must be more responsible about his imagination.

Don't you think?

Why can't we keep all this "I propose to conquer the world" well then, "I propose to stop you" on an intellectual realm?

Let us call our champions and let THAT contest resolve the battle.

For now...