Re: (TFT) Hexagonal transparencies

Uhhhh
If I follow, then I've got a ream of transparancies.
I mark hex centers with Sharpies according to map scale and go.
Ya want equasions?

Anyway...

A bloke walks into a Glasgow library and says to the prim librarian,

Excuse me Miss, dey ye hiv any books on suicide?

To which she stops doing her tasks, looks at him over the top of her glasses and says,
F off, ye'll no bring it back

I wonder just HOW similar a goniometer is to the data points the "green" screen guys collect?
Hexes are wonderful configuration spaces.
Literally.

What's the old saw about an infinite number of monkeys at an infinite number of typewriters coming up with Shakespeare?
I don't know why that's so surprising to anybody as we already DID produce Shakespeare and didn't even NEED the typewriters.
Twain didn't need them either.
Clark didn't need computers.
THIS monkey has banged out the math on scaled movements.

Says the non-mathematician.

Still...

A goniometer is basically a flexible strip of led lights, the one I've seen was for analysis of the lower back.
Each light is given three data points, two that measure the spines position in a kind of latitude and longitude, and the third measures the twist of the spine generated by the shoulders position relative to the hips.

EASY says I, one up the spine, one across the shoulders, one down the upper arm, one down the lower arm,...
Uhhhh.
That's a LOT of dimensions!

Now Laguerre says I can generalize via the difference between cubes, but STILL!

So I put it aside.

So the other night I saw this bit on making a mechanical T-Rex.

It's all in the heals!

HA!

Basic movement can be given with 4 goniometers.
Of course, they'll have to act like tape-measures or telescope somehow, but one from "center of gravity" to each heal and wrist.
Everything else is simply mechanics, the brain "throws" heals and wrists, the arms and legs follow.

We'll put power and fines into the basic stuff later, let's just get to the root simply for now.

Now I "actually" pulled the Laguerre concepts from R. Gould, who used the difference of squares to describe the campsites of nomadic bushmen over time.
A tribe of hunter-gatherers can maintain a fixed location as long as they can find game in all directions.
>From the central campfire hunting parties spread out in (basically) a circle.
If large predators threaten, the radius is shorter, they sleep around the fire at night, lacking major threats the radius increases.
He used lat and log for the fire location and a third number represents the radius.

So if I use these "circles" to represent "reach" in the configuration space, each cell of which is a square-hex, the issue is do they overlap? (by ~2.15')

(x - x')^2 + (y - y')^2 + (z - z')^2 - (r + r')^2 [>=<] 0

With the relative time between events given as the root of the above replacing the two times for the radius's.

And Jay can FINALLY have a footrace!

WELL...

The above only describes 1 die movement Actions.
I MIGHT grant that taking a step forward is automatic, until your disgraceful drinking hangs such a DX mod on you that your at an adjDX of like 5.
Roll that die baby, get a six and your foot misses.
DX check vs. adjDX5 to avoid falling...

Still, I had to dig that example outta my Curic maker.

Gonna put your knees into it?
Your go a little faster.
2 dice though.

How about your hips?
3 dice.

Shoulders?
4 dice, but your Running now, got the Talent?
Cut the dice in half if so.

Sure, this kind of thing can lead to large numbers of dice required for complex Actions, but the average on 10 dice is only 5 points higher than the maximum ST allowed.

Something like that anywho...

< Sings >
Seems like everyone
Is out lookin' for the sun