Re: (TFT) TFT Mapping

Leave it to the Dean to touch a nerve!
Grumbles From the Grave indeed!
See the "Sinking of the Belgrano" for my thoughts on what a pseudo-campaign is like.

Hey Lord Inar, I appreciate your thoughts.
I consider Star Wars "Space Opera" al la Flash Gordon, Buck Rodgers, etc.

Mr. Walters, Great stuff!
I agree whole heatedly with your point about Sci-Fi and Fantasy being kinda mirror images of the same thing.

Gavin, how's the site coming?
I agree the simplest "stories" are the best, see DMG's "snow tire" story.

Okay, I was trying to point out that Fantasy pick very specific premises to explore by invalidation.
If this has been done, then a GM should be able to point out what premises are fantastic as opposed to the assumed premises that concur with "reality".
If I'm gonna try to define game terms like Statistics then I feel that I should allow other GM's to "tweak" the stuff to their ideas of what "heroic fantasy" should be.
Space Opera is obviously not very "realistic".
This does NOT mean I think it's not entertaining.
It'd help I think, if a GM could show how his campaign differs from the "Joe Average" version, if it does.
I'm reaching for it...

Also, I'm interested, why all the concern over stories in RPG's anyway?
I find that a storyline in a RPG is the equlivant to a plan in real life.
Just a list of things that aren't gonna happen.
Not without jumping through hoops anyway.

God hardened pharos heart.
Is that the GM saying, "uh uh, you can't do that. It's against your "culture"" or something?

The best I've come up with is to plot major events on a Timeline.
Stuff that will happen by x-time w/o player intervention.

Oh yeah, Mark.
Great thoughts.
I owe you a post on that.
For now let me say that I've been using a Fame/Fortune/Happiness concept.
I've typed a little about this already.
It seems to match up well with much of what you discuss.

Oh yeah, Grouch!
Sherwood on the Thuggee's.
"...just as the Tiger fulfilled their own destiny in preying on other animals, so they simply fulfilled their own destiny in preying on men. Everyone's fate was written on his forehead; the servants of Kali were merely agents of the goddess, not the cause of men's deaths."