Re: (TFT) Armies

Thanks for the link!
Being a cheepo right now and I just never know what I'm gonna get w/dialup.
I'm on a blistering 4800 baud right now.
?
Don't ask me...
Anyway, I don't get much "surfing" done.

Uhh, I'll just put this here.

So @~2.5m per 1square (*4 = 1, 1"hex @ 10m sts) for the pocket army stuff the Lego breakdown goes like this.

The absolute smallest (basic) piece size is 1/8th of an inch in height, and 1/4inch in length and width.

Now watch carefully...

Nothing up my sleeves...

2.6m * 4 = 10.4m / 8 (min height) = 1.3m or about 4.3feet high.
So this is 1 TFT hex in height tied to Lego's and to Squad Leader via a multipul of four.
And that's not even what I'm tootin', it's just a side effect.

A standard sized Lego piece in height is three eighths of an inch tall, or about 4m or 13ish feet.

Rough layouts are pretty simple to accomplish, and don't take a ton of bricks or other material to pull off.
For sieges I mean.

At 2 BM-hexes per each 1 dot wide the piece is, elevation can be roughly represented.
What squares do the elevation lines run through?
That's the next "tier" of Lego's.
I use Lego's to build the basic elevation, then use modeling clay over top.
I then cast the whole thing.

To makes blanks for dice I use marble tiles, wooden rulers, various clamps and levels, various grit sandpaper, and a micrometer (homemade and only good for 1/64th of an inch) to shape modeling clay.
Cast it in plaster, pack it in bakelite, wash and repeat until you get a good mold with 6 to 12 dice per run.
It depends on how many insides of Kline bottles or other "pipedream" projects I'm messing with and how big I'm trying to make the die.
< laughs at bad pun >
Did you know Gauss proved a 17-sided regular polygon "quod erat demonstrandum" as a teenager?

As a matter of fact, the Real Projective Plane in some manner is just a half of a d20 with opposite segments attached via a mobius twist.

Or am I crazy?

Wait a minuet, we settled that one already.
Okay, it should be does the self-taught dude have any idea of what he's talking about?
Sometimes I get the feeling that I'm "abusing" some of these mathmatical ideas...

Also, how'd you like to step it up another scale level and do some "HeroScape" kinda hexes (still the 1 inch square hexes though) that represent "Campaign" areas?
I'm thinking at the STR-hexes I talked about, each square equles a square mile.
As vilages grow into towns, then cities, etc. these hexes could simply be swaped for the old hex that was there before it was developed.
Kinda like Civilization combined w/Railroad Tycoon.
Fields, roads, forts, etc.

Down a step needs SimCity type tile/hexes.
World Book says a "typical" city block is 135' by 95', or very roughly 100 by 75 BM-hexes.
What do you think for scale?

Uhhh

< rummages through stacks of papers >

Ahh, here we are!
The Village of Bendwyn (appendix-b)

Using the above and the info in TFT on this vilage I ask you this, how many city blocks do you come up with for Bendwyn?
(extra credit; how many acres of farmland are shown?)
(hint, the easiest rough measure of an acre is by the plowed row width and length.)