Re: (TFT) Interesting re: Thrown Pole Weapons

About the three-hex in a straight line rule...

I believe the validity of this rule is countered by the double damage done by a pole weapon set..  The rules don't say that the person attacking you has to run three hexes in a straight line for you to set on them.

As an alternate rule, I've often considered adding a dx roll to keep from falling when you miss a charge.  It seems to me that the double damage bonus is due to putting all your weight forward, expecting to spear your opponent like the pig that he is.  If you miss this gamble, it seems to me that you'd probably fall flat on your face, or spear the dirt.

Good Fortune,
Richard

PS.. Clearly I did not blurst into flames.  Or, I got better.