Re: (TFT) Interesting re: Thrown Pole Weapons

maou_tsaou1@netzero.net wrote:
REALLY?!?!?

POOR SJ!
He didn't have the tools WE have.
70 what?
McFLY!

The effect of the tool dependss on the Stats of the user.

I remember reading an interview with ICE years ago, when they were talking about how they built the indepth weapon charts in Arms Law.

Now, while Rolemaster (sometimes known as Chartmaster) is not everyone's cup of tea - I personally LOVE the system - how they built the weapons charts in Arms Law was very cool.

The weapons charts determined things like if you hit, damage, armor penetration, and critical hisses and misses, that sort of thing, and what they did was for every weapon, they had a giant list of definable qualities (things like, blade length, blade weight, grip length, grip weight, how burly you are, how heavy is the center of gravity, etc.). And, then they ran them through a computer programmed with their algorithm, to produce these sheathes of charts.

Again, not everyone's cup of tea, but the end result was very different than Jay's assertion that "the effect of the tool depends on the stats of the user". This may be partially true - I'm a big, burly, cornfed man with giant arms hardened by a lifetime of honest work. Jay's a guitar-playin' long-haired ne'er-do-well with spindly little arms entropied by a lifetime of playing with his miniature. If I hit you with a hammer, you stay hit. If Jay hits you with a hammer, you ask him to a go a little lower and get that itchy spot in the back.
HOWEVER,

If I hit you with a tiny little hammer meant for geology, and Jay hit you with a 20-pound sledgehammer...

Well...

Jay would fall over, thus doing no damage, and I would spend the time Googling for what kind of hammer I have and if it's worth any money on E-bay.
I KID - I KID ...