Re: (TFT) Suggested house rules: Tool Elementals

< The cost of the spell is 5 ST plus the *total* of the attributes of the elemental created (ST, DX, and IQ). >

5 fST huh?
Plus atributes...

I'm VERY curious as to how you got this figure?

What is 1 point of fST?

< A tool elemental in the form of a weapon may be a
"Fine" weapon if the creating wizard also has the Master Armorer talent himself; in this case the fST cost to create the elemental multiplies in the same way as the cost for such weapons made in the ordinary way. >

Whitesmith
Blacksmith
Swordsmith
Armorer
Goldsmith
Jewler

And never the twain shall meet.
Well without purchasing each Talent seperately and the Guild system of economey may not make this a simple task. (Michaelangelo)
Of course industralization changes that...

< The weapon may be Silver or Gold if the creating wizard is also a Goldsmith or is linked to a Goldsmith via the Telepathy spell (or item); there is no additional ST cost for working with Gold or Silver. >

A gold or silver tool?
REALLY?!?

I've seen brass toolsets for some truly nasty chem plants where sparks were NOT an option, but blowing open the levy in Plaqumines in case there IS a spark is most decidedly an option.
I also hammered my own copper foil (penny) for the Greek ST, silver foil (broken ring) for the Phonecian DX and gold foil (broken earring) for the Egyptian IQ.
Copper and a little Tin maybe...
Else if Lucy, chu gotta lot more splainin to do.

< The elemental is not capable of motion beyond miniscule deformations of its original shape so it is not self-mobile. By slightly deforming itself in the area of the grip, however, it *can* have effects on the attack of its user. >

I can back you up here.
Finger control is the last point in many kenetic chains.
A index finger is the last point of contact in a football throw, and the maximum power for a katanas downstroke is given by the lowest pinkie.
So the thing will fit a large range of hands...
Not a halfling or giant though huh?

< Second, if an Elemental in the form of an edged weapon is plunged into a rich vein of ore, deep underground, it can replenish its own ST at 1 ST per turn. >

Okay Excalabur wasn't SUSPOSED to go INTO the stone, she was susposed to break so no one else could have her.
(Just as good, throw her into a pond in an age of non swimmers. See the suprising number of swords in lakes in europe.)
Rich vein and ore?
Deep?
LUCY...

< It does so by vibrating its surface, resulting in a very quiet voice. >

Well THAT'S a vibro blade.
HELLO major damage.

< Occasionally two will, by chance, pass within a few feet of one another, and then one who knew to listen carefully might hear whispers of a forgotten realm passing between them. >

FANTASTIC!
And the Butcher thing slays me!

Goodbye Stormbringer.
Hello Gil E'al Saroth.

Sounds like I've got some Fiction to read.