RE: (TFT) Sci-Fi Weapons for TFT

Ouch!

My head is already broken.
I don't think I can fix it with krazy glue, ironic as that would be.

So the little people want me to take a gold elemental, cast the Tool spell on it and make a circuit board then teach the thing Differentials and Flight.
Then I strap some universal solvent on her and tell her to "go get so-and-so".
Or something like that.
I don't know, but an elemental computer sounds pretty nifty.
Those little fluctuations might make a pretty big deal at the bus-level.

Lol!

What example spring to my mind here?

Go ahead and guess!
You'll NEVER get it.
Here's a hint.

Jay's not all there.

Okay, got your guess?

Well "I" think it might work a little like a Giraffe's "wonder net".
Information pressure instead of blood pressure.
Uh, it's the answer to "how does a Giraffe drink w/o causing itself brain hemorrhages?"

I don't know what I'm talking about...
Cool Spell Mark!

Speaking of Marks.
Waz up Marc?

I hear your points about TFT magic.
Your probably more correct than I, sir.

I think that a "rule" explains how to make a weapon.
An example is a list of weapons.
Same thing for spells.

SJ pretty much leaves this an open question.

Now I don't believe that I should write rules around "my" campaign.
Rules should describe the game, not the other way around.
Let's say that you're a sword-master (a sword-expert gets to write "the Book of Five Rings") and your holding a wooden oar in your hands as your boat crosses over to a little island.
Looking at the oar, you notice that it is about half a foot longer than your opponents famed 'drying pole'.
TFT says you don't have club, but you intend to use your sword Talent, not club.

Have I put my finger on it yet?
"Tell me Mr. Carlisle, does THIS hurt?"
"I guess that depends on what you mean by pain Doc, can you take your thumb outta my ass now?"

In my opinion TFT magic suffers in this same fashion, although as you point out with no REAL magic to use as a model...
Is like the little "fantasy population" thing I'm trying to do with statistical methods.
Using the stuff backwards brings up weird situations.

I think by trying to quantify spells a little more generically it allows a number of different models, or ideas of "what magic is" to be expresses plainly and concisely.
Maybe even together in the same campaign.
Clerical magic could be very different than wizard magic and so on.
Spells could be adjustable via fST as intimated by the Fire spell.

Instead I got a list and "Although the player may make suggestions, it is up to the GM to determine what the exact properties, duration, IQ level, ST cost, etc., will be.

There's generic and then there's ducking an issue.

Type one error is thinking that something special is happening when nothing special is really happening.
Type two error is thinking that nothing special is happening, when in fact something rare or infrequent is happening. Obviously these are opposite poles, and you increase your probability of avoiding one kind of error by increasing the probability of making the other kind.
Else if, you could just stop thinking.

"Try not to think SO MUCH!"
Spielburg's (sp?) Empire of the Sun.

"I learned a new word today..."

OUCH David!
The more I think on your "little" suggestion the more it intrigues.
I forgot to report on the humming-bird poop this morning cause contemplating the implications keeps "shutting me down".
Zombyfing for sure.
I have some thoughts but I wanna check the numbers before I babble too much.
As always sir, you're too brilliant for my own good.

The Five Stages of Progress In the Challenge of a Paradigm.

1: Learning
( authority attempts to keep the challenge here, ""your not qualified" )

2: Disputation
( IS there a lack of objective, or "deep reality" in the quantum realm?)

3: Reaffirmation
( often skipped by "qualified" individuals )

4: Crisis
( when the challenge wont go away )

5: Resolution
( victory goes to the survivors mainly )

This works for bivalent populations groups that stand in opposition.

Student to Teacher perhaps, or

< sings like Tiny Tim >
Zombie, ee, ee, ee!

Maybe I should try Crazy with Zombie?

"The new words in the poem "Jabberwocky" have given rise to some differences of opinion as to their pronunciation: so it may be well to give instructions on THAT point also.
Pronounce "slithy" as if it were two words "sly the": make the 'g' hard in "gyre" and "gimbal": and pronounce "rath" to rhyme with bath."
Note to editor; Christmas, 1896.
The rev. Dodgson.

"The Muse that visited Dodgson, or Edward Lear was as strict a Muse as one that visits a gifted poet; the making of money and the rewards of fame are not among HER intentions - and when they enter, the high moments of her inspiration flag."
- Horace Gregory