Re: (TFT) first Saturday in May?

At 2:00 PM -0400 5/4/09, TFT Digest wrote:
One thirteenth of a Figures body weight (lbs.) equals the volume of blood in pints in the body.
What's the 'First' in first aid?
What's damage in the first place?
Death checks kick in at the loss of about half the volume of blood.

OK, but there are many mechanisms by which death can take place. First Aid courses often teach ABC (Airway, Breathing, Circulation). It's true that losing half your blood volume is a Bad Thing (TM) but ... how do you quantify internal bleeding (see Mace, Club)? What about head trauma?

And as for fST, the "normal" (nonmagical) ways of expending it probably correlate reasonably well to oxygen saturation in muscle tissues. Blood needed to restore, but not directly correlated to blood loss in any useful way.