Re: (TFT) first Saturday in May?

Mark

Great points about the pocket universe, its just a pipe (bomb) dream and its use for TFT is questionable at best, but I hope to be able to point out that if I consider my game-universe (not world) to be in a system like that then the dark lord is gonna be quite suspired when he pops outta my firework to take over the universe only to find that its all over and the fireworks burnt out.

Now damage

Ay carumba!

Okay here goes Toto, I dont think were playing TFT anymore.

Bear in mind that most of this is trying to describe the tools I use so as to avoid all these sorta explanations.

Ive babbled enough about square hexes but recall the Scale-hex?
Its the one thats 4 times bigger than the BattleMap-hex.
When Im talking about moments for weapons its these 0.25 : 3.25 squares that Im talking about.

Now Ive talked about the visible-flexible-scale-man before, but heres where he kicks in.

At this scale I draw out 13 body locations as 3d fold-ups on a page of graph paper.
I glue the page to the back of a beer box, cut out the parts, fold em up and connect them together with rubber bands tied around beads.

Head, Chest, Hips, Upper and Lower Arms and Legs and Feet.

The visible part is drawing out bones and arteries on the left side and muscles and tendons on the right.
Organs are an overlay.

Kanabo to the front of the thigh is different than a pop to the back.

Now as usual Im not the one who should be writing this page but more and more of my butt-numbers are turning out to be in the ballpark.

Bruising and internal bleeding are modeled after car wrecks (needed for Car Wars).

That Kanabo is like the baseball bat I babbled about.
Area damage vs. Line damage.

At the VFSM, or Scale-hex scale, weapons can be represented by the number of scale cubes it takes to encompass the thing.
Important cubes could be denoted, like balance points and sweet spots.
Missing with the head of the warhammer doesnt mean the shaft wont hit, probably not with much force, hopefully with less force than would crack or break the hammer which is pST stuff.

But thats still all just force, and that doesnt address your more subtle points.

Suffocation, burning or freezing and aging are all in the same category.
These are all time based and human willpower appears to play a factor or two here.

Disease, many kinds of toxins or poisons, and perhaps some magical effects (Harry Potter Acrucio (sp?)) seem to me to be in a category that involves invasion of the body or cellular war.
Id think this stuff might be a saving roll based on the same methods I use for an army, i.e. saving roll = CRT.

Am I missing something?

Starvation?
It falls under Aging.

Heart Attack?

Ah the Heart Attack
Dont over-exert yourself.

The Deadliest Warrior boys dropped a figure of 150psi cutting to the bone.
So what does that 150 do across an area?

Well first off, a good approach might be to ask how much force required to cut with a 3 diameter club?

It aint 150lbs.

Im collecting data, currently its creating gelatin and wood models of the various VFSM parts (Reed and Herting meatpacking again) and pasting shock stickers on the back and taking a bat to the front.
This is what were gonna use for earthquakes.
I can describe the concussion wave in squares affected.

Hit location determines what organs might be affected.
By the way, did you know that training for triage and trauma uses a grid across the abdomen to access what organs might have been affected?
The old-school grid almost matches mine.
I also have Grays.
Thats why the visible in VFSM.
What squares did you hit?
I can tell you what organs are under there.
What organ did you hit?
I have the Nursing78 Skillbook Series that shows full on RN care for each major organ, along with case studies, treatment, etc.
19 year old struck twice in the abdomen with a two foot pipe.
Pain in upper abdomen radiates down his groin.

Care to guess?

Thats why I make up little phamplets for each Talent.
A Physicker gets the list I use (basicly) to give symptoms as discription.

Its a kidney.

MY problem has been to find the best data I could for the forces generated in low velocity combat and apply them fairly and in the ballpark of reality to the injury side of it.

Oh, I just saw Quigley Down Under again.

So, HERE is a melee situation what shows why top running speed is important.
You have just seen your partner killed by Mathew Quigley.
Youve got one minuet (12 turns) to put some distance between you and that long-arm of his.

Now as a player in that situation, I ask you, do you want MA 12 or would you rather use my ST based stuff?
Oh yeah, the ST based MA also ties in to fST (and indirectly eating) which isnt really good for damage anymore cause Ive got honest to goodness injuries.

Look, that guy couldnt get away on a wagon, and the best TFT will let you do by the critter list is MA 30 ponies.
Ill give you Shadowfax and Seabiscut to hitch up, think itll make a diffrence?
It does in my game.

Horses use turning keys by the way; or you could just use the old square count method.

So what do you think about cards?