(TFT) Re: VFSM for damage

At 20:25 -0400 5/6/09, Jay wrote:
Okay here goes Toto, I dont think were playing TFT anymore.

pretty sure we are not. Dunno whether it plugs in easily to make an "extended TFT"; I'd try to keep that as a goal.

Now Ive talked about the visible-flexible-scale-man before, but heres where he kicks in.

At this scale I draw out 13 body locations as 3d fold-ups on a page of graph paper. I glue the page to the back of a beer box, cut out the parts, fold em up and connect them together with rubber bands tied around beads.

Head, Chest, Hips, Upper and Lower Arms and Legs and Feet.

I dabbled with something like this to try to make a fencing game, with extensions to serious (melee) swordplay. Pick your attack region and tactic, pick defense tactic, apply modifiers based on skill, weapon, dexterity, etc., see what damage (if any) was done, segue to ripostes, etc.

I think I never became convinced that it would be accurate, and did become convinced that it would be too much work.

I've also never seen a computer game that really did that, although some of the Wii/Lightsaber trainer/etc. genre are coming close.