Re: (TFT) ST Aid Questions

All good points.  As DMG not-so-graciously noted, it has been awhile since I
played the game seriously (30 years).  I had read the two turn duration as
starting the round subsequent to the spell's casting.  With a one round
effective duration for the wizard casting it, it is certainly a much less
effective spell when cast on the wizard him/herself.  Of course, it could
still be cast (in a smaller way) successively, giving the wizard a string of
attacks (not connected), or keeping the wizard alive until a companion with
physicker could save him/her.  However, regarding the defending/dodging
option, one would have to know what spell the wizard cast to know whether to
defend or not - a strategy avoided by the higher IQ wizard's being able to
cast a spell without verbal or somatic components.  However, I concede that
my original objection was based on the two rounds of attacks in my original
formulation.

Still do have issues with the split strength approach, though.