Re: (TFT) Is the Action Phase Dynamic or Static?

You're thinking too much. In TFT, nothing is simultaneous. So, take each action in order. If someone's acted, they don't act again that turn. If, as a result of something happening, the order in which characters acts changes, it changes.
Quoting Sgt Hulka <hulkasgt@yahoo.com>:
Example number 1:

A DX 10 Spearman charges a DX 12 Swordsman. Before the DX 10 Spearman acts, a DX 11 Spearman kills the same target. Now the DX 10 Spearman changes his action. He
decides to throw his spear at a DX 12 Swordsman. Who acts first, the DX 10
Spearman or the DX 12 Swordsman?

The swordsman attacks first. And don't forget the DX- for range on the thrown weapon.
Static: When the DX 10 Spearman changes his action, he still acts first, because
his order in the action round was defined when he declared "charge" as his
action. Once the action phase starts, nobody changes their order.

This is wrong. Order of action changes all the time. I'd have to look it up, but isn't it true that the pole attacks first thing is only true if the characters attack each other. So that swordman would go first if he were attacking someone other than the spearman.
Example number 2:

A DX 10 Spearman receives a charge from a DX 13 Swordsman. The DX 13 Swordsman,
during movement, declares his action "Defend". The DX 10 Spearman, during
movement, declares his action "Attack (receive a charge)". We move to the
Action Phase. The DX 10 Spearman goes first because he's receiving a charge
with a pole weapon. But now he says "okay, I'm gonna change my action to
disengage." In response, the swordsman says "okay, I'm gonna change my action
to attack." Which comes first?

The swordsman.
Static: When the Spearman changes his action, he still acts first. He disengages before the Swordsman can attack.

Wrong. He only gets to attack first. He does not get to act first just ebcause he has a pole weapon.
There's a big scrum. A DX 10 Swordsman is fighting two DX 12 Axemen. At DX 13,
the Swordsman's buddy knocks one of the Axemen down. The DX 10 Swordsman
attacks the now-prone Axeman.

Dynamic: The DX 10 Swordsman is now attacking at AdjDex 14, so he attacks before the second DX 12 Axeman.

Yep.
Static: The DX 10 Swordsman is now attacking at DX 14, but he still attacks
after the DX 12 Axeman, because the order was set at the beginning of the
Action Phase and it does not change.

Again, the order of action is fluid. Otherwise, every time you had 2 characters declaring attacks against a single foe, if that foe died from the first attack, his partner would waste his action.
A DX 12 Wizard and a DX 10 Swordsman are fighting two DX 11 Axemen. The Two
Axemen are attacking the Swordsman and vice versa. The Wizard casts blur on the DX 10 Swordsman. The DX 11 Axemen drop to AdjDX 7. Dynamic: The DX 10 Swordsman now attacks before the two Axemen.
Static: The DX 10 Swordsman still attacks after the two Axemen, because the
order was set at the beginning of the Action Phase and it does not change.

Read my previous responses.
Neil Gilmore
raito@raito.com