Re: (TFT) Is the Action Phase Dynamic or Static?

It seems clear to me (though apparently not to everyone, nor in Advanced Melee) that it doesn't work well to have to-hit DX modifiers change the action sequence. Until a person chooses his target, the DX modifier for the target is unknown, so it can't affect the time when the player makes the choice of whom to attack. So if you DO decide a DX penalty can slow when an attack happens, you need to take the choice at plain AdjDX, and then WAIT until the further reduced DX sequence point to actually resolve the attack. So not only does it not make sense, it's messy in terms of gameplay and memory, all for no realism or meaningfulness gain that I can see.

So I always thought there was a difference between AdjDX of a figure, and the adjusted roll needed to hit a chosen target, where the latter would naturally (and much more simply) not change the sequence of play.

Losing DX due to injury slowing the victim down does make sense to me (if the victim hasn't acted yet that turn, so as not to have injury possibly give someone two actions per turn).