(TFT) Hand to Hand versus Multi-Hex Figures

I've been going through the mailing list archives again and I noticed a discussion about Hand-to-Hand Combat with multihex figures. This has yet to come up in one of my games, so I'd never thought about it before. However, it seems that there is no rule against it in Melee or Advanced Melee.

In other words, there is nothing preventing a ST 9 1-hex halfling from entering Hand-to-Hand combat against a 3-hex Giant. If the Giant rolls a 1-4, the Giant is "taken down" by the halfling and they are both rolling on the floor.

By the rules as written, is that correct?