From: Sgt Hulka <hulkasgt@yahoo.com>
To: tft@brainiac.com
Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2009 12:22:28 PM
Subject: Re: (TFT) Gunpowder Weapons

I see what your saying. It takes eight turns to load. But it's "unreadied" while it's being loaded. Once it's loaded, it takes another four turns to "ready". Which is to say, to transfer it to your hands in a firing position. Whereas a sword and shield take one turn to "ready", an arquebus takes four turns.

That is a very reasonable and logical interpretation of the rules as written.