(TFT) Megahex vs Long 7-hex Dragon

I've been thinking about running 7-hex dragons on Megahex bases instead of the long bases. This is for a practical reason...most of the big dragon miniatures I'm aware of are for D&D and have a large square base more easily converted to a megahex.

But I'm also of the opinion that a Megahex dragon will be more powerful, since it can change its facing without moving. Is there an advantage to the long shape that I'm not considering?