Re: (TFT) General test of In The Labyrinth Game Mastering 1

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 09:04, David Michael Grouchy II <
david_michael_grouchy_ii@hotmail.com> wrote:

> General test of In The Labyrinth Game Mastering 1

> Finally, from one GM to another, what really happened?

I'm pretty stumped. But this is terrifying and fun at the same time :-)

Shapeshifting says nothing about inanimate objects. The spell says "turns
its subject into any type of creature". The GM telling the players the
crossbow bolt is actually a shapeshifted lesser demon seems non-standard.
Shapeshift also says the object stays in its form with its attributes until
the spell is broken. Assuming a bolt was an allowable form, an inanimate
crossbow bolt should not be able to continue doing damage (unless it was
refired). If it transforms back to a lesser demon, that's a one-hex creature
that would have a hard time occupying space in the thorax of c2. It should
be HTH from that point on.

If the whole thing is an illusion, an illusion is supposed to be of
something believable. By the standard rules of shapeshift, an inanimate
object would not be allowed it seems.

So that leaves a very twisted "service" rendered by a summoned lesser demon.
It doesn't seem to fit the examples of services given in ITL, but since the
GM gets final word, I guess it's OK.

--
Cris Fuhrman, http://www.google.com/profiles/fuhrmanator
Mitch Hedberg<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/m/mitch_hedberg.html>