Re: (TFT) The Lost TFT book

Thanks!

Honestly, as much as I enjoyed reading Dieties and Demigods at the time, I
always look back on that book as the achilles heel of DnD (ok, one of the
many).  The idea that a few high-level characters can give a god/dess a run
for his/her money seems wrong, but the idea is built into the game, and even
sanctioned in official module Q1 (Queen of the Demonweb Pits), where a group
of what 13-15(ish) level characters can kill a goddess on her own plane.
The mind boggles.  Bellerephon got on the wrong side of one of Zeus's
thunderbolts for thinking he was on the same level as the gods.  Seems a
fitting end for anyone who dares to attempt such a thing.  I would think it
would only be an option if your character were under the protection of
another god(s).