Re: (TFT) 3d6

Great, very detailed answers everyone! One of the best conversations we've had in a long time.

I agree with everything written about the differences in chance and percentages between the d20 and 3d6 systems. I'd like to focus on the tactile "feel" of the dice. I've played a lot of games that are percentile dice based. When you shake the dice in your hand they click and clack together and when you drop them onto a table they produce a certain sound as they bounce around that I immediately connect with gaming. The exact same thing is even more true when rolling 3d6. There is simply a connection to the feel of the dice in your hands. The poor, lonely d20 just does not give me the same feel. Multiple dice are just more exciting to throw down than a single die. It's just like rolling craps in Vegas. You can't wait to see and quickly add up the numbers. While I know this is very subjective I have a feeling many of you will identify with it. Or at least the gamblers in the group.

As strange as this may sound it's a main reason I never even bothered to look at a d20 system.

David O. Miller