Re: (TFT) Need advice for playing solitaire

You could make rules for how NPC's react, though you'd still know them and could play to use that knowledge. I don't know of anyone having tried to write rules except sometimes the microquests say what tactics the other side will use.

I just developed the mindset of pretending I was playing from each side, thinking from each character's perspective as they make choices. Seems to me it's a skill well worth developing, actually. It's good for being a GM, and for considering situations in real life and thinking from other people's perspectives. The part about having the willpower to be fair is also worth doing and developing. So it noticing when you are being biased or unfair and in what ways - another worthwhile exercise.