Re: (TFT) Melee content in early Space Gamer issues

Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 10:46:25 -0400
From: Cris Fuhrman <fuhrmanator@gmail.com>
Subject: (TFT) Melee content in early Space Gamer issues

Back in 1998 there was a posting about Space Gamer issues that had TFT
content....
 > Designer's Notebook by Howard Thompson (Hymenopterans
 in TFT #14 pg 29-30

Sorry for the slow response; It'll be some time before I get to the others. This one was where I could (relatively) easily access it, though.

The content of the article is almost identical to the content of ITL, pp 63-64. It also includes the masses of the various classes of bugs, and figures showing the front, side, and rear hexes of 2-hex and 3-hex figures (each has 2 side and 3 rear hexes, in the pretty much obvious locations). It also describes "disrupted" damage values for bugs without a Basic nearby to control them; I think these were superseded by the "attack mindlessly" line in the ITL description of Basics. It also says bugs which charge attack are "disrputed" next turn. There are also rules for mounted combat, which carry the disclaimer "should be considered experimental". They are a lot like those in the back of AM, and I would consider the AM rules as superceding these (and a future microgame covering mounted combat is promised).

--
						- Mark     210-379-4635