Re: (TFT) Do certain actions delay your turn? (regarding adjDX)

No, I've also never seen it played that a pole weapon can be used to gain first action for anything other than using the pole weapon in a charge situation. It seems obvious to me that if the pole weapon user changes their mind at the point they would have to commit to using the pole weapon for a charge situation, then their action would come in their normal DX sequence.

I think Aid spells do make sense because the way I imagine Aid spells, they effectively raise your base DX for all purposes. Unless I misremember the spell description.

--- hulkasgt@yahoo.com wrote:

From: Sgt Hulka <hulkasgt@yahoo.com>
To: tft@brainiac.com
Subject: Re: (TFT) Do certain actions delay your turn?  (regarding   adjDX)
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 15:40:48 -0700 (PDT)

So long as you're willing to put up with the fact that you can't ever engage a pole-weapon user if he doesn't want you to because if you step adjacent to him you're charging him and he can first declare receiving a charge in the movement phase in order to act first and then in the action phase he can declare disengage and he will now disengage first regardless of the attacker's adjdex.

There are some other dirty tricks, as well, like charging in order to throw your spear at the top of the round and so forth. If you don't mind that stuff than static works fine.

Or if you just eliminate the AM rule that pole weapons always go first.

I'd take aid spells out of your list, since they only last two turns. Just have everyone act at AdjDex regardless of magical or situational effects with the one exception being injury (5 hits in a round or three or less ST left).

Once you start saying "aid spells make sense but blur spells don't" it becomes entirely subjective.