Re: (TFT) Do certain actions delay your turn? (regarding adjDX)

What makes sense is the reach of the weapon. Someone with a shorter weapon needs to get into reach inside the reach of the longer weapon. (GURPS does a more accurate and fairer job of modelling this IMO, by requiring the longer-weaponed fighter to be taking a specific maneuver, and not involving DX bonuses or double damage.)

--- Gavin@TheFantasyQuest.com wrote:

From: <Gavin@TheFantasyQuest.com>
To: <tft@brainiac.com>
Subject: Re: (TFT) Do certain actions delay your turn?  (regarding    adjDX)
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 18:08:43 -0500

Good catch, Sarge!  Yes, I trashed the "pole-weapons go first" rule about 20
years ago.  It makes no sense to me after re-enacting English Civil War as a
pikeman.  We used 12' poles, and there's nothing fast about them as far as I
have been able to determine.

Gavin Gossett
The Fantasy Quest
TFQ Games