Re: (TFT) Do certain actions delay your turn? (regarding adjDX)

On the wiki page at
http://tft.brainiac.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Rules.DXadjustments, I suggested
looking at DX adjustments as either "general" (for determining action order)
or "targeting" (for affecting to-hit). Here's how I'd rule each of the
points below:

On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 22:14, Jim Zmrazek <jzmra@hotmail.com> wrote:

> 1)  Attacking figures in the sides or rear.

Purely targeting - doesn't affect action order.

2)  Missile or thrown weapons at long ranges.

Purely targeting. Action order shouldn't change because you're throwing or
firing a weapon further.

> 3)  Special bonuses or talents.  If you have +3 DX for missile weapons, do
> you
> factor that into turn order?  What about if you spend a turn waiting to get
> +1
> DX next turn.  Is that accounted for too?  What about spells that increase
> your DX?

I would rule that +3 for missile would be targeting adjustment. Waiting a
turn might go either way, but I tend to think it's targeting. Spells that
increase your DX would be general adjustment (and thus affect action order),
since magic (aid) really makes you more dexterous.

> 4)  Special actions like Aimed Shots or Sweeping Blows.  If you declare
> you're
> taking a sweeping blow, does your turn come at -4 DX?

Again, I'd rule that you wouldn't act later, but that your hits are less
likely - targeting adjustment.

> 5)  Fighting with multiple weapons.  If you have the talent, your 2nd
> strike
> is at a lower DX.  Do you attack with both at once, or does your second
> attack
> come later in the round?

I'd rule that it's targeting adjustment. However, multiple missile shots are
a special case (doesn't the second shot come at the end of the round in
Advanced Melee?)

--
Cris Fuhrman, http://www.google.com/profiles/fuhrmanator
Sent from San Francisco, California, United States