Re: (TFT) Why is TFT movement broken for Jay, and great for John?

IMHO, you are making my point for me....
It's about where you put your feet, and how fast you can choose your
action....

In which case, an initiative roll is the appropriate differentiator.At least that is the case given the level of abstraction in TFT.

again, IMHO
5sec turns are for "football plays" i.e. team actions.... good for "Talents"  but not good for unique actions...

Again, the whole concept of "turns" is an abstraction players accept because it's the sort of thing you need to make a game workable for most groups. In TFT the abstraction just happens to be 5 seconds.