Re: (TFT) Re: TFT Digest V4 #4

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark Tapley"

Hi Mark!

The Speed Factor thing came from "Man To Man" combat in Chain Mail I believe. Among other factors a Figures weapon helped determine the number of blows that could be struck in a round. The lower the Speed Factor the shorter/lighter the weapon and a Figure got 2 attacks per turn with a SF of 4 less than their opponets SF and got 3 attacks per round with an SF of -8. Other factors could add/subtract "blows per round" such as defending on rampart from above or striking from behind.
Nobody I know ever used this system.