Re: (TFT) Action Report - DCG's "The Dark Vale"; also rules comments

----- Original Message ----- From: "PvK"

Clearly using talents in an adventure designed without talents can be worth a few character points for balance purposes.

Pole weapons don't go first in basic Melee? Really?

How I cried, I laughed so hard at this.

In a Unit of conscripts I'm not sure that everybody in the Unit has a weapon Talent.

Attacking the women and children is a pretty effective tactic for eleminating native populations so you can use the land for your purposes.

A RPG probably shouldn't be balanced.

Weapons are a function of the tec-level of the culture of the population.

If an enemey has developed a weapon that breaches your armour a siginificant amount of each attempt then I figure the "enemey" culture shall focus quite a bit of industry towards improving armour.

A Figure having a bunch of Quake-scale 'encounters' durring the research time required to improve the armours tech to a point to match the new weapons modified force just has to deal with it until the armour is ready.

This concept works for RPG's too and I find I must cheat as a GM to keep my players from being wussies with their Figures during this time.