Re: (TFT) Is this a decade of thought? SO SAD!

At 7:09 -0400 4/13/10, Jay wrote:
What can I say about religious structures that would
maintain validity across the entire range?

Jay,
interesting breakdown! It reminds me of Warcraft, Catan (the card game), and some other games as well as TFT; that makes me think it's got some good ideas in it (since they appear other places as well).

Just wanted to add a comment about religious structures - if they are successful, religious structures (and institutions) can become totally dominant in a culture's activities. Both from a good point of view (rescue missions to Haiti, or equivalent; storing up of grain for famine years; accumulating knowledge of genealogy, technology, winemaking, etc. etc.) and from a bad point of view (crusades; Aztec sacrifices; the Pyramids; etc. etc.).

Coming across central France in the middle ages, the first hint a traveller would have that he was nearing a city would often be - the sight of the cathedral spire, dominating the countryside for miles around.

Although you are right that there is a very wide range, I would be sure to acknowledge how central a temple could become under some circumstances. Certainly it could subsume the function of the town hall, library, etc.

I also might add several other Originating Skills: New Followers, Bard/Master Bard, Literacy, and others.
--
						- Mark     210-379-4635