Re: (TFT) Is this a decade of thought? SO SAD!

At 19:36 -0400 4/15/10, Jay (reasonably) wrote:
Hi Mrs. T.

er, that would be *Miss* T (my daughter).

:-)

At 19:36 -0400 4/15/10, Jay wrote:
Philosophicly speaking, I suggest spirituality as opposite of knowledge in
that, while both seek for "truth", spirituality relies more on feeling,
emotion and intuition while knowledge depends more on study, observation and
deduction.
Is the friction twixt science and religion really there?

I think they are not in conflict, but orthogonal. Spirituality should address the things that can't be experimented on, proven or disproven - by-definition matters of faith. Science gets the disprovable and provable matters.

Clearly, Earth history shows that matters *can* move from one sphere to the other ("and yet, it moves!"). I claim that means we have gotten neither our science nor our spirituality "right" yet.

Margaret's question is still a good one though, even if my orthogonality characterization applies. If in Cidri (or wherever), demons are unreliable, not subject to experiment, test, provable or disprovable - are they a "science"? If magic is reliable in that it always works the same, can it be a matter of spirituality? I suppose there *could* be overlap ... I guess I still have neither my (Cidri) "science" nor my (Cidri) "spirituality" worked out "right"...

--
						- Mark     210-379-4635