Re: (TFT) What does +1 mean... exactally?!? magic swords

-------jay---------------------
I HEAR YOU! Now we have something to argue about. In a Beessing good kinda
"share knowledge" way.
Tell me how your +1 works in your head please?

Magic, Baby!  That's how.

Enchant weapon makes it magic, and makes it a little more likely to hit true.  That's all she wrote for mass produced +1 blades (in an old campaign I actually had an NPC smithing and wizarding family in the business of producing +1 swords for the local military, heh heh).

Other than that, the mechanism is open, to be filled in as and when the group determines it is a worthy collective endevour to pursue.  I am fairly comfortable with ambiguity.  Call it Schrodingers plus one sword.

now a specific item (Sting in your example, blood drinkerfrom my old old game) has a background, and history, and well developed characteristics.  But schroedingers +1 sword does not (in my game, your milleiu may vary).

also, I am not opposed to the idea that there is not just one answer.  perhaps different magical traditions create that +1 effect through different means, which are each only hazily understood by the practicioners, and which have never been fully catalogged.

I'd be perfectly happy with that sort of world, as a player or GM.  I am ok with the existence of, as yet, unresolved mysteries.