Re: (TFT) TFT Industrial Revolution

Neil writes ...

And is it not true that the original purpose of the NRA was to promote marksmanship because of the poor accuracy of Civil War troops? If it were so easy to be excellent with a firearm, you wouldn't expect to see the problems that have been found with discarded Civil War era firearms -- guns shot with the ramrods still in the barrels, double and triple loads, etc.

I believe this phenomena has been attributed more to the adverse reaction
of some men under fire than to their ability with the weapon.   And also
being in a group of men under fire - I doubt you'd find the same occurence
of double and triple loads in a one-on-one or few-on-few situation.

Dan