Re: (TFT) First Adventure

On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 16:50:38 -0400
Joey Beutel <mejobo@comcast.net> wrote:
> 1) Anyone remember a little known TFT computer game (not official, i
> believe) from 1985? It was called Tomb of Terror, I had it on my
> Amiga.... because it was designed and sold by my dad (an early
> programmer).

I don't know how I missed this, but I did.  Had I seen it I'm sure I would
have gotten it as I was hugely into the Amiga at the time, and if the TFT
aspect was mentioned, I'd have been on it for sure.  I'd love to see what
this has become!

> 2) How do you guys feel about trying to save the player's characters
> as  I did above?

Ultimately, everyone wants to be playing the game.  If the player(s) have
done something amazingly stupid, then sure, "rocks fall, everyone dies"
is an option, but if there's good gameplay going on, a bit of "deus ex machina"
from the GM keeping the damage to a more reasonable level might be called for.
I've never had a problem with a GM overriding the dice as long as it's not done
very often, and promotes the game play.