Re: (TFT) First Adventure

Hi Joey,

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 16:50, Joey Beutel <mejobo@comcast.net> wrote:

> 1) Anyone remember a little known TFT computer game (not official, i
> believe) from 1985? It was called Tomb of Terror, I had it on my Amiga....
> because it was designed and sold by my dad (an early programmer). I'm sure
> it was sold, he still has the ads in a magazine he sold it through... its
> kinda cool, i got it transplanted to my Mac. Me and him are working on an
> updated version that allows multiplayer, if anyone is interested.

A few of us made attempts at implementing TFT-like games on various
platforms. To support multiple players, it might be easier (at least for the
multi-player synchronization part) to use a game engine like JOGRE (
http://jogre.sourceforge.net/main.htm). It's not trivial programming,
however.

As for Tomb of Terror, I never heard of it. What magazines did your dad
advertise it in?

Anyway, did you consider trying to run the 1985 version today on an
emulator? WinUAE is an example of an Amiga emulator that runs under Windows
today. I have never tried any Amiga emulators, but was able to get some
software I wrote in 1983 working on an emulator for a Radio Shack Color
Computer (even reading an old cassette-saved program I digitized to a .WAV
file). It took me a whole day to get it working, but I managed.

--
Cris Fuhrman, http://www.google.com/profiles/fuhrmanator